The light-emitting diode (LED) is without argument the most energy-efficient and rapidly-improving lighting technology on the planet. They last longer, are more durable, and offer comparable or better light quality than all other types of lighting, especially when compared to traditional and still commonly-used industrial and commercial lighting with halogens or incandescent. If you are just now considering making the investment to convert your facility lighting to LED’s, or to justify further installations or upgrades, this section is for you.
LED Lighting Benefits & Facts
A pioneer in the industry, EnviroLux has a well-earned and long-standing reputation in the LED industry, and is proud to make our products right here in America. So, we know from long experience the massive benefits LED lighting provides in terms of how industrial, office and facility lighting can impact operations and the bottom line.
Below is a quick summary of the many benefits converting to our LED systems provided (and continue to provide!) for EnviroLux customers and partners across the country:
Longer life, Lower Maintenance
- Built to last 50 to 100 times as long as incandescents, operating efficiently up to 100,000 hours!
- Substantially cuts operating costs from the replacement of bulbs, ballasts, or other fixture components as well as the time and cost of installation labor.
- Significant maintenance savings where lights are difficult to replace or maintain.
Energy and Efficiency Savings
- Use up to 90 percent less electricity than incandescent bulbs or High Intensity Discharge fixtures, delivering massive electricity savings to the bottom line, year after year.
- Modern, extremely efficient controls, photo sensors, timing and motion activation technologies can add substantial additional energy savings.
- Reduced heat for cold facilities – LED energy is converted to light, whereas traditional bulbs shed up to 90% of their electricity as heat.
- Energy Trusts and Utilities across the country often provide significant incentives and rebates for new construction and retrofit of LED material and installation.
- Immediate Switch-On – no delay, instantly on at full brightness as soon as you hit the switch, even in cold-storage or food production facilities.
- Excellent Cold Weather Operation – operate effectively at temps as low as -25 C.
- Lighting Quality and Excellent Color Rendering – from warm and cool to bright and brilliant, with an exceptionally high CRI (Color Rendering Index).
Environmentally Friendly & Fully Controllable
- No mercury used and fully recycleable – no harmful industrial waste and no UV emissions.
- LED controls eliminate over-lighting and fixtures have advanced remote controllable motion / occupancy sensors.
- Light harvesting capabilities and heat and humidity measures.
- Widespread use of LED lighting has tremendous potential impact on energy savings in the United States as a whole. By 2027, widespread use of LEDs could save about 348 TWh of electricity and a total savings of more than $30 billion at today’s prices.